Hotel Splendido, Portofino
Star Rating: *****
Boasting stunning views from its wonderful location perched a ten-minute walk above the picturesque town of Portofino, this world-renowned hotel offers an enviable ambiance of elegance and warm hospitality. Set in delightfully exotic gardens, the five star Hotel Splendido was originally built as a monastery and, since its transformation in 1901, has played host to numerous stars of stage and screen. Guest rooms are delightfully decorated featuring hand-painted trompe l’oeil and antique furnishings and there are fantastic views of the harbour from the pool area, the wonderful panoramic terrace and from the delightful La Terrazza restaurant. A regular shuttle bus operates between Hotel Splendido and its four star sister hotel, Splendido Mare, which is set in the heart of Portofino.
Rooms at Splendido Mare are elegant and airy, and all day dining is available at Chuflay restaurant. Guests are encouraged to use the facilities at either hotel.
A member of the Orient-Express Collection.
- All rooms feature air-conditioning. satellite TV, WiFi internet connection, minibar and safe.
- Heated outdoor sea-water swimming pool. (towels, sun loungers and parasols).
- Wellness centre offering beauty treatments, massage, yoga, Pilates, hairdresser and fitness room.
- Tennis court and boutique.
- La Terrazza restaurant offering Italian, regional and international specialities, poolside restaurant serving al fresco buffet-style lunches and snacks.
- Cocktail and piano bar.
- Pool bar.
- Complimentary shuttle bus service to. Portofino harbour.
- Boats available for excursions.
- Chuflay bar and restaurant at Splendido Mare.
- Please note: not all listed facilities are complimentary and are subject to seasonal demand.
- Private transfer time approximately 45 minutes from Genoa airport.
- Twin/double garden view (max 2).
- Twin/double sea facing (max 2).
- Twin/double sea facing with balcony (max 2).
- Superior junior suite most with sea view (max 3).
- Deluxe junior suite gulf & harbour view (max 3).
- Executive junior suite sea view (max 3).
- Deluxe suite sea view (max 3).
- Exclusive suite (max 3).
- Presidential suite (max 3).
- Greenhouse suite (max 3).
- Twin/double garden view sole use.
Hand Picked By
Latest from our Travel Experts
Having not travelled since 2019 I was really apprehensive of how the airport experience was going to be but...Read More
After an early start from Bristol airport, we arrived in the eternal city of Rome. Our 4-star hotel was...Read More